Monday, April 13, 2009

A life cut short

clipped from luparker.com
The last two nights I’ve spent my time at Angel Stadium in Anaheim. A huge memorial has been set up there made by hundreds of Angels fans who showed up to pay their respects to rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart.
large_adenhart
img_6631_090409
The picture above was taken during my live shot for the 10pm newscast on Thursday night by still photographer Bryan Frank. Check out Bryan\'s other pics
I am unaware that the picture is being taken. Standing to my right are several fans who were engrossed in the memorial as well as my live shot. My photographer Jason Roberts is behind the camera in front of me.
img_6637_090409

Tonight, the players were back on the field and we got a chance to be there too. It was thrilling for me to be so close to it all.
Click here to see my story
One coach summed it up best by saying, While life goes on and it’s tough…the game of baseball, at least for few hours, helps you take your mind off the pain.

The Angels beat the Red Sox 6-3.

 blog it

No comments: