Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Jersey #4

clipped from luparker.com

It also got me thinking about how quickly the choices we make in life can affect our path. Back in the day, when I was teaching 9th graders in the public school system in South Carolina, I was thrilled when the head basketball coach approached me about an opportunity. He asked me if I would be interested in coaching the Girl’s JV basketball team. YES! It was, and still is a fantasy of mine.

But with that said,I had just committed to competing in the Miss SC USA pageant, and didn’t want to bail on the team, if I were to win the pageant. In the end, I chose to wait on the coaching gig. I won the pageant, and ultimately moved away. It makes me wonder if I had not won the pageant, chances are I would have continued teaching and hopefully would have been a basketball coach.

 blog it

No comments: