Monday, April 13, 2009

Many beauty queens owe crowns to this coach

We interviewed Paula on PageantCast 086...
pageants

Kara Finley (left) of Fayetteville high-fives Paula Miles at a pageant seminar in 2006. Diedra Laird-dlaird@charlotteobserver.com

Paula Miles of Aiken, S.C., has spent three decades coaching young women for the Miss USA Pageant. She now runs pageants in three states, including both Carolinas and Louisiana. As usual, she'll be in the audience Sunday, when this year's pageant airs 7-9 p.m. on NBC. Luck is on her side, with a track record that includes: four Miss USAs, two Miss Teen USAs, one Miss World, one Miss Universe, 45 finalists, and 11 first runners-up. This year, Kristen Dalton, 22, of Wilmington represents N.C. and Stephanie Smith, 21, of Goose Creek represents S.C.
Q. What's the most surprising moment you've had in a pageant?

Caitlin Upton and that question. I'm glad the camera wasn't on me.

Q. What will you wear this year?

I never think about it until I pack. I recycle a lot of dresses, so I rarely go out and buy new outfits.

 blog it

No comments: