Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blogs get it wrong: Blog posts that call Miss USA the Miss America Pageant

clipped from www.pastorpusch.com
Surely by now you have heard about the controversy surrounding Donald Trump’s Miss America Pageant. Apparently, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, was well on her way to win the 2009 Miss America crown. That was until the Q&A portion of the competition, when Perez Hilton, an openly gay activist and known blogger (friend of Trump I might add) asked Miss California about her thoughts on gay marriage. Prejean said “We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.” It was said that Miss California only needed a small handful of points to take the crown (because she did so well in other portions), but came up short overall, taking the first runner-up position after Hilton issued zero points to Prejean in the Q&A section.
blog it

No comments: