Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Miss America Blog: March 30, 2009

Is it me, or are the Miss America blog posts ungodly long? These aren't campaign speeches. Every MAO has been like this...

Spring is finally here and I am so ready for warmer weather and in fact, I think I have come down with Spring fever already!

Speaking of warmer weather, I was recently in Florida for the annual Children’s Miracle Network Celebration. The annual celebration kicked off on a Thursday with an opening night party and special pin exchange event where I met children from across the country who are champions in fighting life threatening illnesses. These children have faced the most challenging health issues and have emerged as our heroes. This touching event was followed by a special performance from Julianne Hough, who is currently on Dancing with the Stars. I was able to go backstage and meet her after the concert – such a sweet girl!

Friday the Medal Ceremony took place where I co-hosted with country singer, Mark Wills. The Miracle Kids who got awards were so precious and my co-host was awesome! That night I performed “What a Wonderful World” at the Delta Miracle Awards Reception.

 blog it

No comments: