Saturday, April 18, 2009

CPHE - SAFE & DRUG FREE SCHOOLS SYMPOSIUM 2009

This evening I spoke to Montgomery County Public School employees on "How to Attend a 12 Step Meeting for Families". This group was in attendance for a seminar on various situations throughout our school systems and the nation. I arrived early to hear another speaker educate on gangs, gang prevention, and how to help a gang member turn their life around. I am always humbled when I hear and see others dedication to helping those who have somehow lost their way!
After this presentation and realizing I am the last speaker, I freeze by thinking how can I possibly say anything of importance after this group and knowing that anything I say will not be heard to begin with because they are just waiting to go home. The advantage is, if I do not give a great speech, they won't realize it because they aren't paying attention, anyway. On the other hand, if I give the best speech of my life it is not going to be received because they aren't listening!
 blog it

No comments: