Sunday, January 21, 2007

Miss Washington set to take on the nation

By Charles Melton
Jan 20 2007

SILVERDALE — It’s viva Las Vegas for Miss Washington Kristen Eddings as she prepares for the Miss America stage.

The Silverdale native jetted this week to the desert city, joining 51 Miss America hopefuls. In the weeks leading up to her departure, Eddings prepared herself for what will be her largest competition to date.

“My anxiety has increased because I know that my mind always needs to be focused on preparation,” she said in an interview earlier this month.

For Eddings, however, her focus isn’t so much on herself, but rather on her platform of international education.

“I’m excited, but I’m anxious,” said Eddings, a 2002 Klahowya Secondary School grad.

Eddings is the only contestant in the competition with a global platform, but she says it’s one that seemed to have been waiting for her.

“The great thing is my platform doesn’t marginalize anyone, and it could potentially affect everyone,” she said.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: