Sunday, January 21, 2007

Exclusive Interview: April Crockett, Tiara Girls Contestant

For the latest Tiara Girls news, subscribe to our RSS feed or email newsletter. Email this Article to a Friend
January 19, 2007

April Crockett Tiara GirlsThe cult MTV hit Tiara Girls spurned a loyal following and inspired debate about the expansive beauty pageant industry. Showing a number of points of view on pageants and a variety of the girls involved, Tiara Girls was and is dynamic, engrossing television.

One of the ladies featured on Tiara Girls was April Crockett and she took the time to stop by and talk to us here at BuddyTV about the show. We discussed how she got involved in Tiara Girls, the misleading editing employed by the show's producers, and what April's advice would be to girls who want to compete in pageants.


How did you initially get involved with Tiara Girls and what made you want to do it in the first place?

Initially, I was a college student at Lindenwood University and I had actually got that scholarship by doing the Miss USA Teen Missouri Pageant the previous year and I got top 15 so I won a $48,000 scholarship with that. And I really wasn't happy with the school so I spent a lot of time in my room and I happened to come across the casting call on MTV.com's website and I applied and I got it. Well actually I didn't just get it, I had several interviews and I was chosen out of thousands of girls.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: