Thursday, January 25, 2007

GSU senior wins MISS GA USA

By: Judith Winfrey

Brittany Swann
Brittany Swann

When the new Miss USA is crowned on March 23, 2007 in Los Angeles, there's a good chance she may be a GSU student. As the new Miss Georgia USA, Brittany Swann, 23, a GSU senior studying Marketing and Management, will be among the contestants competing to be Miss USA 2007.

Swann is no pageant veteran, but says she has dreamed since childhood of being Miss USA. "I have been preparing for this moment forever. I have always had my heart set on being Miss Georgia and Miss USA." In November 2006, after her second attempt at the title, one half of that dream was realized. And she now looks forward to completing the next phase of her lifelong vision. "I am going to be in L.A. representing Georgia right along with [women from] 50 other states who are considered cream of the crop. We are all there with the same goal in mind of bringing home the title of Miss USA. The stakes are high and the opportunities are even higher." The competition will be fierce, but Swann feels confident. "I am just going into it knowing that I have done all that I can, like me or not, this is who I am." And she has loftier plans than just winning. "My goal is to leave an impact and set a standard for women to look to and want to follow."
More at the Source


TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: