Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Miss Colorado hoping to get lucky in Vegas, come home Miss America

Janie Allen, the 23-year-old Miss Colorado, is in Las Vegas with every intention of becoming Miss America.

"I have a great shot to win this year," she tells me. "I feel prepared. I absolutely believe I'm coming home with the crown. I'm not going there to lose."

The Miss America Pageant comes down at 6 p.m. Jan. 29 on cable's CMT. You can see Allen on "Pageant School" at 7 p.m. Friday on CMT. "Pageant School" also airs 4 p.m. Jan. 29 on VH1.

Misbehaving pageant winners have been in the news lately - Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, Miss New Jersey USA, Miss Nevada USA.

"There are wonderful young ladies who compete in the Miss USA system, but we are different," Allen says. "We are first and foremost a scholarship organization."

I love it when they say that.

Allen also notes that the Miss USA system does not have a talent element - and Allen has a lot of that. She graduated last summer from Metropolitan State College of Denver where she studied piano. She'll wow the judges with George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" and Edvard Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor.

"I'm so excited I just can't wait," she says. She also has a boyfriend, so forget about it.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: