Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mister Rogers Neighborhood

Remember Mr. Rogers? "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor...would you be mine, could you be mine..."
Well, Saturday, March 20th, is Mr. Roger's birthday, and had he been alive today he would have celebrated his 82nd birthday. I remember having a phone conversation with my dear friend, Jeana, and the two of us literally crying that Mr. Rogers was gone the day we found out he had passed away...her daughters way too young to remember much, and mine...well, mine will never see it unless I buy videos. I am seriously considering it...
I guess I am now opening up on giving out my age and how old I am, considering I grew up on Mr. Rogers, so yes, I am "old" according to some. But I won't forget Mr. Rogers and his sweaters, his changing of shoes - flipping them in the air as he did to come and go - and his constant attitude of accepting others, loving others, and being kind to others.
 blog it

No comments: