Monday, March 15, 2010

"Leslie's Love for Children"

clipped from mncips.blogspot.com
I recently won the title of Miss South Carolina International. I was asked to choose a platform that I would represent during my reign of Miss South Carolina International. I chose the Epilepsy Foundation as my platform; although I feel as if my platform chose me! When choosing my platform, it dawned on me that I have never put much thought into what epilepsy really was or what it means to me. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of five, which was too young of an age to really comprehend what was going on. It became a part of my daily routine to take my medications, go to my doctor's appointments, and take care of myself. I was told that if I did these things I would be less likely to have seizures, so this is what I did, not thinking twice about it. I will never forget being at an elementary birthday party of a friend and having my first seizure in front of my peers.
 blog it

No comments: