Saturday, March 20, 2010

Charlotte mom is Mrs. NC

South Charlotte mom Cynthia Griner jokingly calls herself Queen of the Griner family. Now, this mom of four has the crown to back it up. Last month, Griner, 43, won Mrs. North Carolina International, a pageant that recognizes the accomplishments of married women. The actress, model and CEO of “Purple Passion 4 Alzheimer’s” will head to Chicago this summer to compete for the national crown. MomsCharlotte editor Jennifer Rothacker spoke with Griner about her win.
Cynthia Griner
Q. How did you get involved with pageants?

I started back in 2007. I had turned 40 and we had just moved back (to Charlotte). I have four boys, and it was time to do something different. My grandfather had just died (from Alzheimer’s) … and to educate myself and others, I was able to use the pageants as a platform. Every time I had an ad in a (pageant) program book, it was a way to raise money for Alzheimer’s.

 blog it

No comments: