Thursday, January 29, 2009

Miss Iowa 2008: Send Off Party (Scroll Down to I’m Back Post)

Before I left for Miss America I was able to throw a send off party!! And it was a PARTY!! Desirae Ball Jones put forth a lot of time and effort to make the send off a success. Jacque Tingey Martineau was the hostess, with many performance groups in the midst of my wardrobe changes. I was overwhelmed by the love the community showed me as they not only came to support me at my send off, but have continuously given me support on my road towards Miss America. I have to thank Snow College for not only allowing us the use of the Eccles Theater, letting me do a radio spot, letting me exercise at the AC for free, and being willing to do mock interviews with me (Thank you Melanie Jenkins.) Also, Snow College’s very own Marlo Rice did numerous personal training sessions with me all for free. THANK YOU!!!

 blog it

No comments: