Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Miss America Pageant - Notes from the Field

Fifty-two gorgeous contestants strutted their stuff on stage.  This year’s talent, at least in the first group of 18, was heavy on piano and song.  Miss Delaware, Galen Giaccone, won for a rousing rendition of “El Cubanchero” on the piano.

 

I don’t know how the judges could chose between all those eighteen beautiful young women parading around in hankerchiefs for the swimsuit competition, but chose they did with Miss Indiana, Katie Stam, buff and beautiful, coming out as number one.  It takes a special kind of confidence and poise to appear comfortable and relaxed in so little before so many.  As many of the former Miss Americas I interviewed for my book, Pretty Smart: Lessons from our Miss Americas, said, “If I could do that, I can do anything.” That’s a lesson for all of us about doing what you must to achieve a goal.

 blog it

No comments: