Monday, January 26, 2009

My Life in a Van

Read the whole post at Lu Parker's new blog.

Honestly, who else can look this good living in a van in the elements?
clipped from luparker.com
1/2009

It rained in Los Angeles this week. That may not seem like a big deal to many, but in a city where the sun dominates, rain is a stranger. When the rain does come, often times I’m out in it reporting for the news. This past Friday, I was assigned the rain story at 3pm, and was in rubber boots, and a rain-jacket by 4:30pm. My photographer and I jump in our news van and head out to find our interviews. We interview in the rain, and we shoot video in the rain. It’s not what most would consider a glamorous job, but I love these reporting days. It means putting my hair in a baseball cap, and not worrying about perfect make-up. I am in the elements for 8 hours.

 blog it

No comments: