Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Miss Illinois Talks Cheeky

CheekyChicago.com got to sit down with Miss Illinois, Katie Lorenzo, right before she heads on out to Vegas this weekend to compete in the Miss America pageant.  This down-to-earth Midwestern girl dishes about volunteerism, our amazing city and ice cream and French fries.  Sounds pretty Cheeky to us.

Cheeky: What’s a typical day like in the life of Miss Illinois?

KL: First of all, no day is typical – my business manager, Jason, is responsible for my schedule.  He books everything for me and I can view the calendar online.  Taking a look back at the week before Christmas, I was doing a tour of the Chicago Public Schools.  So, the day would start out at 9 a.m. – I’d do one school presentation, about 30-45 minutes long, answer student questions, then rush off to the next school.  Three of the days, I did four schools a day!  Sometimes I’ll go see the seamstress to get my gown ready for Miss America or, at night, I’ll go to a charity event.  No day is typical!

 blog it

No comments: