Friday, February 09, 2007

Miss America: Terry Meeuwsen Unedited interview

Carole Meekins

She's the only Wisconsin woman to win the Miss America crown: Terri Meeuwsen.

But even the tiara can't erase her dark memory. A brutal attack that changed her outlook on life, and her purpose for living.

Watch Part 1 of Carole's uncut interview with Terry

Watch Part 2 of Carole's uncut intervew with Terry

Watch Part 3 of Caroles uncut interview with Terry

Watch Part 4 of Carole's uncut interview with Terry

Terry was a down to earth beauty queen from De Pere. "I have I found out a lot about what kind of a person I'd like to be also I have also found out about what kind of person I don't want to be," she reflects. "I've had so many people introduce me on their shows and say well here she is ladies and gentlemen the most beautiful girl in america today..and I just cringe, I don't even want to walk out..when they say something like that."

You may remember Terry from the WTMJ show "A New Day." Back in 1978, she was also a regular on our MACCathons to fight childhood cancer.

Before then, she had pursued a singing career. But the nightclub life was tough. It became unbearable after Terry was raped. The only thing that saw her through... Was God.

"He picked me up out of the pit and set my feet on a rock.My life was in a lost place," she said.

She was surprised it brought her closer to her faith. "I had been approached by people...We called them jesus freaks at the time..I wanted no part of them..and I was like tell these people to leave me alone..what is their issue."

Not anymore. In 1993, Terry joined Pat Robertson as co-host of the 700 Club at the CBN broadcasting studios in Virginia Beach. The religious show is transmitted around the world. For Terry, the Christian Broadcasting Network is like a family.
More at the Source


TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: