Wednesday, February 21, 2007

BRANDI SHERWOOD'S MISS USA STORY PART 1

Reporter: Andrew Del Greco
Monday Feb 19, 2007

Idaho Falls native, Brandi Sherwood, is celebrating an anniversary this year. Andrew Del Greco interviewed Brandi at her home in California and has more.

Ten years ago, the Idaho Falls High graduate became the only woman to achieve an honor she still carries today.

At just three years of age, she knew.

Brandi Sherwood, Miss USA 1997: "I was sitting in front of the Miss America Pageant and I turned around and I said I'm gonna be here one day."

This year marks the 10th Anniversary that Idaho Falls native Brandi Sherwood made history, becoming the only woman to have held the title of Miss Teen USA and Miss USA. But becoming Miss USA almost didn't happen.

"I was the first-runner up in that pageant."

The winner, Miss Hawaii, went on to compete for Miss Universe, and the night of that pageant, Brandi got a phone call.

"It's my girlfriend from New York saying I'm watching the pageant live, she's in the final three and I think she's gonna win, she played it over the phone to me. So the girl wins and my mom slaps a big colander on my head and my boyfriend who's now my husband picks me flowers, I was so shocked!!"

It's happened only a few times in almost fifty years.

"I was like the vice president, the president moved on and I took over the duties."

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: