Saturday, February 03, 2007

Miss America Favorites and Prediction

The 2007 Miss America Pageant is a couple of hours away and as the second year in Vegas wraps, it's been a pretty exciting week. If you haven't been catching Robin Leach's Luxe Life coverage of Miss America, you need to catch-up. He's been in the thick of it since the ladies came to town last week. Yeah, like we said then, and as the photos prove, it's a tough assignment for him.

He's been there as the ladies rode gondolas at the Venetian and cut loose on the dance floor at Planet Hollywood. He's chatted with host Mario Lopez and conducted the
final interview with 2006 Miss America Jennifer Berry.

Miss Texas, Miss Hawaii and Miss California were preliminary talent winners Miss America.

Robin and photographer Scott Doctor have also been keeping everyone up-to-date from the pageant stage with the nightly prelim winners. Miss Texas Shilah Phillips and Miss Oklahoma Lauren Nelson took the talent and fitness/swimsuit honors the first night respectively, Miss Hawaii Pilialoha Gaison (talent) and Miss Nebraska Molly McGrath (fitness/Swimsuit) won the second night and Miss California Jacquelynne Fontaine (talent) and Miss Pennsylvania Emily Wills (fitness/swimsuit) won the
final night of prelims.

Miss Oklahoma, Miss Nebraska, Miss Pennsylvania

As I was laboriously reviewing the winners swimsuit and formal gown photos along with pics the other 46 contestants (I have a tough job, too), I am prepared to predict the winner.

Miss Texas Shilah Phillips will be the next Miss America. In the spirit of full disclosure, it must be said that I am from Texas originally, but there are many more factors other than Texas repuation for beuaty queens. She obviously has talent, she's obviously beautiful and I really, really liked her gown. Guys can like gowns, right?

In addition to the other preliminary winners, Miss Nevada Caydi Cole, Miss Alaska Stephanie Pia Wonchala, Miss Alabama Melinda Toole, Miss Delaware Jamie Ginn, Miss South Dakota Callee Bauman and Miss Colorado Janie Allen round out my top 12. I may as well list my top 52, as I definitely know there will be a winner crowned tonight and I'm sure the competition is that close.

I"m going to slip into my pageant outfit and get ready to enjoy the festivities.

Check back here later tonight for Robin's Luxe Life interview with the new Miss America.

Update: Looks like I would have lost my bet with Miss Oklahoma Lauren Nelson being crowned the 2007 Miss America . It was a Red River Shootout with Miss Texas being named the first runner-up so I wasn't too far off. Congratulations to all of the ladies and to Vegas for a great Pageant Week. Maybe next year, we can have the parade everybody is missing.

Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: