Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Former Miss America Gets Miracle Ear Implant


(WJZ) It's the moment Heather Whitestone McCallum has waited a lifetime for, and it's something most of us take for granted - hearing with both ears.

"The first sound that entered my ear was my husband's voice. He said, can you hear me?" the former Miss America tells Eyewitness News.

"But I didn't understand the sound because it was so new to me. It was like a new language."

Four years ago, Heather had a cochlear implant inserted into her right ear. She used a hearing aid for the left. But last summer she lost all residual hearing in her left ear, prompting her to get a second implant.
More at the Source (including a video)


TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: