Thursday, March 15, 2007

Jamaica Beauty Queen Latest to Step Down Over Abortion Refusal

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
March 15
, 2007

Kingston, Jamaica (LifeNews.com) -- The reigning Miss Jamaica World 2006 is the latest beauty pageant queen to relinquish her crown after she refused to have an abortion. In January, the Miss USA pageant came under fire for forcing the winner of the New Jersey state contest to resign her crown because she's pregnant and wouldn't abort.

Sara Lawrence, the 22 year-old woman who became the island nation's beauty queen says she is pregnant and expecting a baby in September. She issued a statement saying she's keeping her baby instead of her crown.

"I relinquish my position as Miss Jamaica World 2006, having taken a deeply personal decision to face up to my responsibilities as one who expects to become a mother later this year," the Jamaica Gleaner reported.

"I believe that it is my moral obligation to do what I believe to be ethically correct and will follow what I believe to be right" Lawrence added.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: