Monday, December 28, 2009

Miss America blog: December 19, 2009

Happy Holidays!

This month has absolutely flown by! So much has happened since the last time I updated you on my travels.

I celebrated Thanksgiving week in New York City. I kicked off the week as the honorary host of the New York City Rescue Mission’s 11th Annual Great Thanksgiving Day banquet. I spoke briefly at the beginning of each of the five dinners and then I served dinner to many of the grateful guests. I loved this experience. I had the best time cleaning, serving, having conversations and even playing with the band who volunteered their time to put everyone in the holiday spirit!

I’m currently in Indianapolis working with the Rural Electric Company. Oh – good news! You can now keep tabs on me on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter! So check out those websites and join our network!

Best wishes,
Katie

 blog it

No comments: