Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A Courageous Beauty Interview: Mrs. Midwest International 2009 -Randa Allen


Angie: I was impressed when I first met Randa, but something she did left me with a lifetime memory. Back stage, I had a couple of odd moments when everything seemed to go wrong. My feet were hurting so I leaned against something to rest. It was a very large ladder. It slipped and almost took Randa out! I was so upset that I began to stress. I had no intention of causing her harm or fear prior to going on stage and I almost went down with the ladder too.

Angie: How did you learn about various pageants?   
Randa: I first became aware of pageants as a little girl watching the Miss America pageant.  Later while in junior high I had a subscription to Teen magazine and one day saw an ad for the Miss Illinois Teen USA pageant.  I asked my Mom if I could enter and she gave me permission.  Neither of us knew what we were in for as we embarked on this journey.  
 blog it

No comments: