Saturday, May 09, 2009

Oh so much to write!

April 23-26th, I attended the National Lung Cancer Partnership's Advocacy Summit in Dallas, Texas! It was 4 days of Advocacy, Awareness, Learning, and Friendship. We learned how to better spread awareness, how to better spread our message of hope and healing, how to raise funds, and how to erase the stigma. My mom died of Lung Cancer 13 years ago, next week actually, and it still seems like yesterday. I lost my best friend and protector - the one person, along with my dad, that loved me no matter what! By losing my dad only 22 months later, I feel that the disease took his life too. I have worked for 13 years for this cause, because I see other friends with their mom and dads, I see children enjoying their grandparents, and it breaks my heart! I don't wish this on anyone and Nobody Deserves Lung Cancer!!!! I am honored to be part of NLCP and hope to be a force behind the change that is needed and the CURE that WILL happen.
 blog it

No comments: