Thursday, March 26, 2009

WHY DO I COMPETE IN PAGEANTS, AND BETTER YET ~ CONTINUE TO COMPETE?

THAT is the million dollar question!! I can't even begin to count how many times I have been asked this question, LOL!! Actually, the answer is very simple ~ because I LOVE IT!!
I have always been a "girly~girl". I loved watching Miss America while growing up and, like most little girls, would walk down my backyard sidewalk "runway" blowing kisses and waiving to my audience (usually a few chickens or a couple of cats walking by...). Although I loved watching pageants, I didn't start competing until I was almost 40. Why? Because I never had the confidence in myself to even dream of stepping out of my comfort zone. From the time I was very little through adulthood I was TERRIBLY shy!!
NEVER TOO LATE TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS ~ AND THE CONFIDENCE AND WISDOM THAT COMES THROUGH AGE IS TRUE BEAUTY!!!
 blog it

No comments: