Monday, March 09, 2009

Namiss Indiana Teen, Mackenzie Klaes

clipped from www.namissblog.com
I received some GREAT pictures from your National American Miss Indiana Teen Queen, Mackenzie Klaes. The first two are from last summer at the BMW Drive for A Cure, a breast cancer event. Mackenzie was able to participate and help a cause that is very dear to her, she says "It was sooo much fun! I was able to speak and even ride in the parade as a special guest. All of these events touch my heart in an extraordinary way."
The third pic is at Riley Children's Hospital where Mackenzie donated the books and bears from pageant weekend to the cancer wing of the hospital. "I was able to talk with some of the patients and put a smile on their face. This was the most heart-warming appearance I have made so far. They are so young, but have accomplished so much in their short lives. They are my hero's."
Remember all of those books and bears that we collect every year at the pageants as a part of our community involvement program? This is an example of where they end up. Great Job!
 blog it

No comments: