Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reading Day at Linley Elementary

November 5th, I was asked as a leader in the Greensboro Community to be a reader at a local elementary school as they taught the children the importance of reading and education!  I read to a third grade class, where I saw many familiar faces, and I read to them the book: DUCK FOR PRESIDENT!  I told them I chose that book, because of the wonderful election last year with record voters and the historical importance as well as the fact I was a White House Intern in 2008!  Thank you Ms. Jarrell for letting me be a part of your class for the day!  UNCG photographers came out to capture some great moments for a story for their website (coming soon!) on the importance of service learning and volunteering in the community!  Those pictures will be coming soon!  

 blog it

No comments: