Thursday, October 09, 2008

MissAmerica.org Blog » October 9, 2008

Hi Everyone!

Happy Fall! The leaves are starting to change and the weather is getting cooler, but I’m still busy as usual!

Mid-September I was in Washington D.C. participating in various events for the D.C. USO. On September 18, I visited Walter Reed Memorial Hospital to visit our wounded veterans and uplift their spirits. I toured the facility with a bunch of other celebrities including poker champion, Rhett Butler, former NFL star John Riggins, and Miss Virginia, Tara Wheeler. I was grateful to be able to thank these men and women for their selfless service to our country.

The next day I had the great honor of being invited to the Pentagon for a luncheon to honor wounded soldiers and their families. That building is so amazing and so full of history, it was awe-inspiring! Once again, I was so pleased to thank the soldiers for their service.

My last night in D.C. I attended a USO fundraising event where I was included with the celebrity guests mentioned above as well as former Bachelor (from ABC), Navy Lt. Andy Baldwin! It was awesome to meet him!

More...

MissAmerica.org Blog » October 9, 2008
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: