Thursday, October 30, 2008

MissAmerica.org Blog » October 24, 2008

Hello All!

I wanted to take some time out of my hectic schedule to let you know what I’ve been up to for the past few weeks. Since I last blogged, I had the opportunity to experience some great events! On October 11, I served as the Grand Marshal of the University of Cincinnati’s homecoming parade. It was great to be back in the area and get to spend time with friends I don’t get to see too often. I was able to reconnect and have some wonderful career-related conversations with the heads of our Musical Theatre and Drama departments… my former professors and friends. Their support, enthusiasm and guidance mean SO very much to me. I was even able to sit in on rehearsals for CCM’s upcoming performances and it was so nice to be back in a rehearsal! A lovely weekend, AND our football team won on its homecoming weekend, so I was excited about that too - GO BEARCATS!

Speaking of rehearsals and musical theatre… I don’t think I mentioned what an AMAZING time I had visiting with fellow musical theatre majors at Oakland University when I was there last month, in Rochester, Michigan. The University, in my home county, had me speak to the MT majors and on the general campus about my platform and sign autographs. I was even taken around campus in Chrysler’s version of a smart electric car… a GEM car. I had a blast and it was so nice to be welcomed back and spend some time with my peers.

More...

MissAmerica.org Blog » October 24, 2008
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: