Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beauties of America Pageant - Official Blogspot: a busy weekend...

Hey BOA Fans, its been a busy weekend in the South for me. I was requested at the United States preliminary as special guest last weekend... I was asked to Emcee the pageant as well as Entertain (a little thing you didnt know about me is... I am a trained Opera/Broadway singer, so anytime I can sing or perform, I'm your girl!!) The Pageant kicked off with over 15 contestants vying for the Junior, Teen, and Miss titles of Western Carolina United States, which will take them to the Miss South Carolina United States Pageant in March of 2009!! The pageant resulted in crowning Junior Teen Western Carolina: Sutton Metz; Teen Western Carolina: Mae-Ann Webb; and Miss Western Carolina: Britnie Turner. It was well done and a success! I sang a classic Judy Garland (Southern Song) : Rock-a-bye-Your-Baby-With-A-Dixie-Melody - I had a blast! (pictures to come)

Next...

I was honored to judge a preliminary pageant for the Dream Girls USA system in Kings Mountain, NC - really close to my hometown of Charlotte, NC. The pageant was a lot of fun with a really cool category for the upcoming holiday, HALLOWEEN COSTUME of choice!! It was fun to see the contestants pick out different varieties of costumes and branch out a little bit from the "typical" pageant everyone is used to! I have never seen such professional little girls in my life! Serious talent there! Future Beauties of America's, Miss America's and Miss USA's right in front of my eyes! :) Thanks to Misty Carson and Jeree' Current for having me!

I have many more appearances scheduled in the next months. Some in Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina. Also, I will be getting my official headshots done with my crown and sash in the next few months...

Much Love,
Katie-Britt Greenway
America's 20s
Beauties of America Pageant - Official Blogspot: a busy weekend...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: