Sunday, March 09, 2008

MISS AMERICA 2008! AN UNFORGETTABLE WEEK!

By elaquatra | March 4, 2008

Hello to all of you! I promised to get back to you with details of my Miss America week! In addition to being my inaugural Miss America adventure, it was also my first trip to California, including Laguna Beach and Hollywood, and my first trip to Vegas! You see, close family friends of ours (originally from England) moved to Corona Del Mar (a few minutes from Laguna) a few years ago and we used the opportunity to start our trip with a visit to them! Laguna Beach is BEAUTIFUL! After relaxing, shopping, taking in the sites and spending time with the wonderful Very family, we drove to Hollywood to see the “Walk of Stars”. My sister Bella wanted to put her hands in Marilyn Monroe’s handprints, I wanted to see if Tom Welling from Smallville has a star (I never found one) and my mom made me photograph the star of …get this….”Englebert Humperdink”. Is there really such a person? I also had my photo taken at the star of Fabian, a legendary singer who is the husband of the one and only and lovely, Andrea Patrick Forte, of the Patrick Talent Agency, who I will mention again and again in this post! . We then drove through the Mojave Desert to Las Vegas. Wow, as you drive in after miles and miles of nothing but nature and highway and desert (and a food stop at “The Mad Greek”), Las Vegas hits you like a true mirage. All the neon lights reminded me of Toyland…a giant arcade or something! Las Vegas is very interesting to say the least!

I had so many adventures…I really don’t know where to start!

The Miss America Pageant was so surreal. Having watched it year after year on television, I could not believe I was actually watching it “LIVE”! The 52 contestants all shined and I was so blessed to be there to watch them perform and grace the Miss America stage! I also had the pleasure of attending the after visitations, where I got to meet many of them, take pictures and mingle.

I mentioned before that our very own Rachel Brooks was outstanding throughout the competition in every phase! Her talent award was so well deserved and I just loved seeing Rachel glow each evening at the visitation. All of the Pennsylvanians in attendance had so much to be proud of!

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: