Monday, March 03, 2008

From Joy Pfister's blog: Helping The Homeless


I travel to many parts of the city of Richmond in my job, and last week was so struck by the needs of one family that I phoned others for help. My friend Maria Beall, Mrs. Southern Chesterfield, and I, through emails and phone call to friends and family members raised over 15 bags of clothing and toys for men, women and children in one week. The recipient told me that one women would be receiving a much needed coat out of the bags and the children would be loving the bags of toys. One little girl who so desperately wanted a Brats doll for Christmas and never got one, is now the proud owner of one brand new in the box Brats doll, thanks to my 4 year old daughter, Madison and her generosity! Thank you to all who donated you are Angles in these peoples lives. We plan to make another run very soon. The clothing and toys immediately impact the lives of these people and also go to children's and women's shelters in the community.
If you would like to help, please email me!

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: