Sunday, March 09, 2008

Joy Pfister interviewed by GCI

A Feminine Twist on Sunscreen

[March 5, 2008]

Beauty queen and fashion designer Joy Pfister, CEO of Kristy J, LLC, discussed with GCI magazine the importance of wearing sunscreen and her recent SunEssence product launch.



GCI: What inspired you to start your company, Kristy J, to produce UV protective swim and active wear, and then eventually branch into sunscreen production?

Joy Pfister: About five years ago I received my first sun-protective outfit for my newborn at a baby shower. I really had no idea that the product even existed. After seeing how much my children loved the outfits my mother and I started a small company called The Shady Sun (www.shadysun.com) where people could find the products. As customers started calling, I began speaking with more and more women that were affected by skin cancer, Lupus and other skin disorders that make them sensitive to the sun. Although we sold a few pieces of adult clothing that we imported from Canada and Australia, they were more or less unflattering and somewhat drab. I found that there was a real need for more fashionable women’s sun-protective clothing that would make a woman feel good when wearing it. Kristy J (www.kristyjuv.com) was developed by my mother and I after several months of research. One day I was talking on the phone to a woman in northern Virginia that was telling me that she was a skin cancer survivor and that she was so happy to have found our new Kristy J line, because it was the first fashionable line she had ever found. When I got off the phone with her, it really hit me that this woman would really need some type of sunscreen protection all the time. After searching for the next two days on the Internet for a very feminine, aromatherapy-based daily wear sunscreen, (that I could not find), SunEssence was born.
More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: