Monday, March 03, 2008

Beauty Pageant Contestants Engage in Competitive Muskrat Skinning

Maryland: Fearing a decline in Chesapeake Bay muskrat skinning races, two girls competing this year in the annual Miss Outdoors pageant in Golden Hill will demonstrate their abilities for viewers. The goal is a tear and nick-free pelt.

Both contests have run together for 54 years. Tiffany Brittingham, 22, said: "It's not like, 'Oh my God, it's a beauty pageant! Oh my God, they're skinning muskrats!' It's just a norm." One audience member in 2005 yelled to her,"I want to marry you!"

Samantha Phillips, 17, and Dakota Abbott, 16, will compete. Said Abbott, "I'll be honest, I can't sing, I can't dance and I don't play any musical instruments." Phillips said, "You can be graceful and beautiful and well-poised and skin a muskrat."

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: