Sunday, March 09, 2008

Kellie Pickler Self-Proclaimed Slob


March 4, 2008 - Kellie Pickler is one of country music's most beautiful women, not surprising since she has a beauty-pageant crown in her history. She was named Miss Stanly County in 2003 and competed for the state title the following summer.

But Kellie finds all the pageant references that accompany her career amusing.

"I really am not a beauty queen," she told The Memphis Commercial Appeal. "I'm the biggest slob. One of my best friends in high school, she was the definition of a beauty queen. She talked me into doing it, and I found that I could sing in there. I was like, 'I want to do this so I can sing.' All I could think about was, 'I want to win the talent portion.' I honestly was a little upset when I did win because then I had to take the responsibilities that went along with it."

Kellie's current responsibilities as a recording artist include making new music, and she's working right now on her sophomore album. Expect it sometime later this year.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: