Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Miss Cover Girl featured

Story image 1

Courtesy photo

Shanica Thompson

By Jacqueline McKnight

September 23, 2006

Thompson will be the feature beauty of the week in the September 11 issue of Jet magazine. Thompson, junior of West Monroe, came to Grambling State University on a band scholarship.

As Thompson recaptured the night of the pageant, the only thing she remembers was her contestant number being called. "I was in a state of shock. I was not expecting to win. It has been said in the past that whomever wins best interview wins the pageant.

"Well I did not win best interview, and I did not win first or second runner-up, but when I looked around they called my contestant number I felt like I won Miss America," said Thompson.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: