Friday, September 01, 2006

Miss America urges teens to find 'anti-drug'



Published August 31, 2006

Having somewhere else she had to be is what kept 2006 Miss America Jennifer Berry away from underage drinking and drugs.

“Ballet has been the passion in my life that kept me away,” Berry told about 50 students, parents and community leaders attending a Safe Homes Program on Tuesday at the Cailloux Center in downtown Kerrville. “Ninety-nine percent of the time I had somewhere else I had to be. I look back now and realize that was my saving grace.”

As soon as she started high school in Tulsa, Okla., Berry said she had invitations to attend student parties where alcohol typically was available. But her goals, commitment to dance and determination helped her stay alcohol-free.

“You have to find your anti-drug,” Berry said. “That is the most important thing that will keep you walking in the right direction.”
More at the Source


TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: