Friday, June 26, 2009

Reporting on Michael Jackson

clipped from luparker.com
What we saw as we got to Jackson's house.  Media circus.

Working as a journalist, as in life, you never know what will be thrown your way. Today it was the unexpected death of pop star Michael Jackson. While driving into work this afternoon, I assumed we would be covering extensively the death of Farrah Fawcett since she had passed away earlier in the day. No sooner than I thought that, I heard over the radio that Jackson had been rushed to UCLA Medical Center –Cardiac Arrest.  

Minutes later I was in the KTLA newsroom which was already buzzing with activity. Reports were coming in from everywhere that Jackson’s condition was not good, and soon it was apparent he wouldn’t make it. Many media outlets began to confirm the news including the LA Times.  Los Angeles Times

Crew that interviewed me for German TV.
Crew that interviewed me for German TV.
Inside the live truck.  Photographer Michael and I choosing clips from our interview.

Inside the live truck. Photographer Michael and I choosing clips from our interview.

Gates outside Jackson's home (Christmas wreaths)

Gates outside Jackson's home (Christmas wreaths)

 blog it

No comments: