Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Miss America Blog: June 9, 2009

Hello friends!

This year has been so amazing and the past few weeks were no exception! I have had the opportunity to be a part of some pretty incredible events and they continue to make my year so very memorable!

First and foremost, Indianapolis 500 weekend was AWESOME! I helped kick off the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade by participating in the opening production number, in which I sang God Bless America. During the parade, I rode on the Firestone float along with racing legend Mario Andretti. He was super nice and it was such a memorable experience back in my home state!

Following the tour, I had three photo shoots and wrapped up my day with additional TV and radio interviews before leaving Puerto Rico on Wednesday. I can’t wait to return to Puerto Rico for the July 31 Miss Puerto Rico Pageant and crown the 2009 winner who will compete for Miss America in January 2010!

Warmest wishes,
Katie Stam

 blog it

No comments: