Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I remember in 2006 I was sitting by the pool on a very sunny Fathers Day. My husband was deployed to Iraq and I was alone trapped in a world of thoughts. As I was sitting there, my phone rang. It was staff duty out of Germany. They called to inform me that there had been an IED attack but my husband had not been injured. They often did this as word travels fast and this helps to ease the minds of the families left behind. Unfortunately, that day one soldier lost his life and two others were injured. All I kept thinking was it was Fathers Day and the children of these men would remember this every Fathers Day for the rest of their lives. I remember this too...and will always.
On this Fathers Day, please remember to say thank you to all who serve or have served for this country. Too the Dad's everywhere, thank you and God Bless.
 blog it

No comments: