Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ex-Miss California USA: Pageant director never supported me

clipped from www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean wants to set the record straight.

Prejean garnered widespread criticism when she declared her opposition to same-sex marriage in a response to a question posed to her during the Miss USA pageant.

Carrie Prejean says pageant officials wanted her to make appearances for Playboy and a gay movie premiere.

Prejean offered her side of the story when she spoke with CNN's Larry King on Friday. She also discussed whether she would sue to reclaim her title and her future plans. The following is an edited version of the interview.

Carrie Prejean: I'm definitely a little bit surprised just by the way that I found out about this. You know, I was called by the media to inform me that I was fired.

As far as the other appearances, I've had some inappropriate appearances that Keith Lewis has asked me to do. And I'm sure you're aware of them already -- one of them being Playboy; another one being a reality show which is being filmed in Costa Rica. So had I said yes to these, I mean, I would have been out of the country.

 blog it

No comments: