Saturday, May 05, 2007

MISS AMERICA 2007 LAUREN NELSON PARTNERS WITH COX COMMUNICATIONS ON INTERNET SAFETY

PRESS CONTACTS:
Sharon Pearce
Miss America Organization
609-345-7571, ext. 17
sharon@missamerica.org


ATLANTA – Miss America 2007 Lauren Nelson is joining forces with Cox Communications to raise awareness about Internet safety. Lauren will star in a series of Cox public service announcements and make several local appearances in Cox markets to educate parents and children about the critical importance of making safe, smart choices online.

“I’m proud to partner with Cox Communications. We will leverage Cox’s resources and my platform as Miss America to urge children to be safer on the Internet,” said Lauren. “When I was 13, I experienced first-hand the potential dangers of unsafe Internet use. Some friends and I made the mistake of giving our names, ages and locations to someone online who we later discovered was a sexual predator. After we received inappropriate photographs from this person, we immediately told our parents, and the situation was defused without incident. Unfortunately, not all kids are as lucky as my friends and I were. That’s why I feel an obligation as Miss America to help children avoid dangerous situations online.”

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: