Thursday, February 11, 2010

Miss America blog: February 8, 2010

I can’t believe last Saturday night I was crowned Miss America 2010 and my dream came true! I keep biting my lip to make sure I’m not dreaming and it is hard to believe that a week has gone by since that incredible moment of standing on stage with 52 incredible women, who I competed with and who helped to make my journey to Miss America so memorable!

As I flew to New York, it was truly a thrill to begin my week as Miss America with Regis and Kelly then to visit Fox & Friends, with Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson who interviewed me on Tuesday and offered her beautiful words of encouragement! I was then surprised when I was invited to appear on one of my favorite shows, the Wendy Williams Show, and had the opportunity to talk to Wendy - I loved it! I also did a segment with Inside Edition and they focused on the fact that I was bullied as a child, but came out of my childhood a stronger person for it!

 blog it

No comments: