Friday, January 01, 2010

Personal and National Platform

Picture
On Thursday, November 5th I had the privilege of attending the Heart in the City event at Provena St. Josephs Hospital in Elgin. This was especially significant because it was held in the new Heart and Vascular Institute wing. Both my personal platform for the Vasculitis Foundation and my national platform Go Red for Women were represented. It was a rare opportunity for me and I felt completely in my element! I had a terrific conversation with Cardiologist Dr. Seigler, discussing the importance of personal messages and stories and sharing information for the sake of unity and advocacy.
I met some warm and caring nurses, and was super impressed with the attendees and their personal stories. Two sisters came to the event to learn more about what they can do to take better care of themselves as both parents have heart disease. Inspirational indeed!
Picture
 blog it

No comments: