Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Come see me shave!!!

clipped from www.facebook.com

Hi Everyone!
I want to first start out by thanking you all for being so supportive and encouraging, for all of your donations, and for continuing to spread the word about the St. Baldrick's Foundation as we fight to end childhood cancer. I've definitely been getting nervous about my big haircut but a few days ago I got an e-mail from the family of a little girl named Jessi who is battling cancer and was feeling down about losing her hair. When I told her not to worry, that "I'd be bald soon too and only the coolest kids are bald!", her family said it made her day!
WHEN: Monday, Sept 21st at 6:30pm
WHERE: The Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington, VA
WHAT: Myself (Miss VA 2008 and Redskins Fan Reporter for Comcast SportsNet), Devon McTavish (DC United Soccer Player), and maybe a couple of surprises (!!!) will be shaving our heads to raise money for pediatric cancer research with the St. Baldrick's Foundation!


Tara Wheeler


September 16 at 4:26pm

Reply

 blog it

No comments: