Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And now I am home...back to Illinois!

So congratulations to Andrea Robertson, our new Mrs. America, who I am sure will do great things with her year, and great things at Mrs. World. It is an honor to know you and to have competed with you. To the ladies of the Class of 2009…I have great memories, good stories, and have some incredible examples of class, ingenuity, grace, style, and beauty because of you. I applaud each and every one of you and thank you all for what you have given me in this experience.
This time at Mrs. America would not have meant as much as it did had it not been for some people I’d like to mention. The road to Mrs. America is long and difficult, sometimes it even looks impossible. I went and I feel I did my very best, but I did not go alone, and for that I am grateful.
When people see Mrs. America or Mrs. State in action, I hope they see that it’s not about saving the world; it’s about serving your corner of it. Anyone can do it, but you have to make the choice to do it.
 blog it

No comments: