Thursday, August 27, 2009

Victim's Voices

Be sure to read this entire article. Ang is right on the money--Chris Brown got off easy and this is just wrong!

I know I haven't updated in quite sometime and for that I apologize. I have been crazy busy with a myriad of things which I will post about asap. But today something in the form of Chris Brown crawled in my craw and I had to post about. So bare with me while I rant.
If you beat a dog you get 18 months in jail among other things. If you beat a woman you get 5 years probation and roughly $5500 in dollars. Does this seem at all bass ackward to anyone else? Now before PETA jumps on my case I'm not encouraging cruelty to animals. I am simply saying that shouldn't we expect that women and children be treated at least as well as they are?
Chris Brown received his "verdict" today for beating Rhianna.
From TMZ.com
Chris Brown was sentenced to 5 years probation and 6 months hard labor.
The judge sentenced Brown to perform hard labor at the Commonwealth Catholic Charities in Richmond, VA, where he must also take a 52-week domestic violence course.
 blog it

No comments: