Monday, February 02, 2009

Miss America Blog: Groundhog Day, February 2

Dear Friends,

I am still in a whirlwind! Hearing my name called on Saturday night as your Miss America 2009 was like being in a dream…and when I woke up in New York, my dream was realized and I began my first day with no sleep. I immediately started off for interviews that were planned for Fox News Channel’s FOX & Friends with co-host, and our Miss America 1989, Gretchen Carlson. Then I was off to Live! with Regis and Kelly and then The Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda Kotb. And that was just the first three hours of being in New York City!

I still get a thrill when I am introduced as Miss America! My interviews and appearances have been amazing and I am getting to meet so many individuals who are legends in the news industry like Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson, Mika Brzezinski, Willie Geist, and so many others! It has been such a joy, especially since I have a tremendous love for the broadcast industry and hope to have a career in the industry in the future.

 blog it

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie you are the best. There was not a better choice. You bring new life and meaning to the Miss. America Pagent!!!!! Congrats to you and your family.