Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lesson Learned

Be sure to check out the link for the video!
clipped from luparker.com
150598

Part of my job as a journalist means making public appearances. Today I was scheduled for the LA Times Travel and Adventure show. Once I got there, I met several viewers, and had some good conversation. Then one of the reps came up to me and asked “How would you like to check out the Zipline?” I said, “Sure, why not?”

What was I thinking? Once we got there, I realized, I was over my head. The tower was 3 stories high, and the cable 300 feet long.  Did I really sign up for this? In the end, I didn’t chicken out, and am thrilled that I was brave enough to follow through.

The following link is the story I did on tonight’s newscast. Enjoy!

http://www.ktla.com/pages/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3450736

 blog it

No comments: